Corrosion & Abrasion Solutions Ltd. (CASL) is a trusted advisor with over 25 years’ experience developing, optimizing and successfully delivering quality services with shops conveniently located across Alberta.
Our experienced technicians and equipment are among the best in the industry. We have ABSA certified welders, certified industrial painters, NACE certified coating inspectors, project management specialists and certified safety officers on location. CASL is able to handle the entire scope of work from surface preparation through final inspection and delivery.
CASL can provide innovative solutions towards your corrosion and abrasion needs. Protective coating service capabilities include:
SPRAY AND FUSE
- Eutectic Tungsten Carbides for extreme wear and abrasion environments
- Typical Application – oilsands tailings and hydrotransport pipe, slurry pipe, valves and other severe service applications
- Fit for purpose – broad range of materials and application systems customized to the operating environment (WC-Co, WC-Co-Cr, WC-Ni, WC-CiCr, CrC-NiCr, Hastelloy®, stainless steel, aluminum, copper, etc.)
- Typical Applications – downhole tools, corrosion under insulation (CUI), mobile suspensions & hydraulics, production surface equipment, deepwater tools, piping spools, small to medium sized pressure vessels etc.
- CASL’s thermal spray systems include:
- High Velocity Oxy-Fuel (HVOF)
- Air Plasma
- Twin Wire Arcs
- High Energy Combustion Powder
- HEEF 25 and KR Chrome: Low friction, excellent surface finish, wear, corrosion and galling protection
- Sulfamate Nickel under chrome provides very cost efficient corrosion protection
- Typical Applications – hydraulic rods, bearing journals, rotors, drilling jars, etc.
PLASMA TRANSFERRED ARC WELDING (PTAW)
- Eutectic and Macrocrystalline Tungsten Carbides for extreme wear and abrasion environments
- Corrosion Resistant Alloys (CRA)
- Typical Applications – ground engaging tools, crushing components, screening components, valves, and downhole tools
- Plural component
- Airless spray
- Conventional spray
- Brush and roll
CASL also provides expertise for repair and remanufacturing of even the largest hydraulic components. We are an authorized repair facility for several mining oriented OEM’s with the experience and capability to remanufacture even the largest hydraulic cylinders, snubbers and other components.
Our Shop Locations
CASL FORT SASKATCHEWAN SHOP:
Weld overlay coatings focused on severe service piping and valve components
CASL EDMONTON SHOP:
Plating and thermal spray operation focused on mining and downhole tool component coatings
CASL LLOYDMINSTER SHOP:
Blast and liquid coating for plant operations
CASL NISKU SHOP:
Blast and liquid coatings for plant and pipeline operations
CASL intimately understands the importance of schedule attainment and on-budget provision of services to specification, and has intentionally developed a comprehensive estimating and service system to satisfy those requirements.