Pipeline and Piping
Corrosion & Abrasion Solutions Ltd. (CASL) specializes in in-situ blast cleaning and coating of pipe.
When CASL comes to your site, you are assured of highly trained and skilled certified professionals to complete sandblasting and coating to protect from corrosion.
CASL’S TYPICAL ON-SITE SERVICES FOR PIPELINE INCLUDE:
- Abrasive Blasting
- Insitu Pipe & Pipeline Liquid Coating and Lining
- Thermal Spray
- And much more
WE CAN PROVIDE THESE SERVICES FOR A VARIETY OF ON-SITE PIPING AND PIPELINE PROJECTS SUCH AS:
- Pipeline Rehabilitation
- Pipe and Tank Rehabilitation Services
- New Construction
- Plant Expansions
- Emergency Maintenance Services
CASL holds approvals with Devoe, SPC, Denso, 3M, Cloverdale, Endura, Tnemec, Highland, Sherwin Williams, Hempel, Carboline, International Paint, Corrchem, and Chartek.
All surface preparations and protective coating applications (internal and external) are performed according to strict quality standards in accordance with NACE and SSPC regulations.
OUR LIQUID COATING METHODS INCLUDE:
- Plural Component
- Brush and Roll
In-situ Pipeline Cleaning & Coating
CASL is a global leader in internal pipeline coatings through our in-situ cleaning, coating and pipeline rehabilitation services. Since 2005, we have provided global expertise with our extensive knowledge in internal corrosion and erosion control of new and existing pipelines in the field or in plant settings. Our team has over 100 years of experience collectively, and has internally cleaned and coated over 2 million feet of pipeline, both new and existing in various lengths and diameters.
Our coatings result in significant gains in throughput and horsepower savings (when compared to a line with any type of build-up on the ID). Additional benefits include reduction or elimination of ongoing buildup, joint protection at welds, reduced number of dig-ups required (lessening environmental impact), and lowering future operating and maintenance costs (by drastically reducing pigging programs and potential elimination of inhibitor programs).
The in-situ cleaning and coating process is done at an economical price with reduced environmental impact. CASL can coat pipelines in place from 2” to 30”+ diameter, with 45° and 90° elbows (minimum 1.5D bend) in place. Our system allows for the ability to coat pipelines in place up to 20-25 km in one pass (project scope dependent), and is extremely cost effective on long distance lines, larger diameter lines and when executing multiple lines in a project.
BENEFITS OF AN IN-SITU INTERNALLY COATED LINE
- The cleaning & coating is performed in the field or in a plant setting
- Protects new & existing pipelines from corrosion and erosion
- Reduces paraffin build-up & increases flow efficiency
- Provides joint protection at welds & less dig-ups due to pigging system
- Reduced operating costs (Pigging & Chemical Inhibitor Programs)
- Eliminates chance of pipeline coating being damaged in transport and installation
- No annulus issues
- Excellent pitting coverage
- A proactive solution that will significantly extend the life of brand new, existing and environmentally sensitive pipelines
Corrosion Under Insulation (CUI)
CUI is a form of localized external corrosion that occurs in carbon and low alloy steel piping that has been insulated. This corrosion occurs when water is absorbed by, or collected in the insulation. The steel begins to corrode as it is exposed to water and oxygen. CUI is most common in refinery and process plant piping that typically operates at high temperatures.
CUI requires 3 items to occur: steel, water, and air. Atmospheric moisture, process variations, leaks, and maintenance cause water buildup within the insulation and on the steel, and it is virtually impossible to eliminate. Our only solution is to change the chemical/electrical reaction causing the corrosion.
CASL OFFERS A COUPLE OF SOLUTIONS TO PROTECT AGAINST THE DAMAGING EFFECTS OF CUI BY:
- Applying a non-metallic barrier coating to the steel that prohibits the reaction from occurring through paint or epoxy.
- Applying a metallic barrier coating to the steel to provide a physical barrier to the water, and to significantly change the corrosion reaction.
Why Choose CASL?
- Highly trained and qualified staff who’ve completed in-house accredited training through Train the Painter (TTP)
- Leading edge customized equipment to meet our customers’ stringent safety requirements
- Various advanced heating equipment and dehumidification equipment to allow for coating in any inclement weather
- In-house trucking, meaning increased flexibility and savings by not relying on third party
- Knowledgeable estimating and engineering team to develop customized solutions – out of the box thinking and solutions to aid with cost control
- Multi-disciplined staff who have the ability to transition their skills within our other divisions
- Manpower – ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Safety personnel specifically trained in our industry
Qualified Inspectors, Quality Product
CASL’s high ratio of NACE certified coating inspectors enables our supervisors to advise customers on the type of coating systems required for a cost-effective and long-lasting finished product.