New Pipeline Protection Project Summary – EnerClear Services Inc.
July 27, 2017 by CASL
Customer/Owner: A Canadian oil and gas exploration and production company.
Project Description: EnerClear have a long history with this pipeline owner having completed over 25 projects to date with scopes including water injection, produced water, produced emulsion, produced gas, oil, and effluent pipelines.
Project Scope: EnerClear was responsible for the safe and timely execution of the project, including cleaning, etching, passivating, and coating the entire length of the pipeline.
Pipeline Diameter: 4” to 10” (114 mm to 273 mm OD)
Pipeline Length: 2900 to 38000 feet (900 to 11600 meters)
Pipeline Condition: new pipeline sections showing mill-scale from manufacturing process.
Project Location: British Columbia and Alberta
Pipeline Corrosive Media: high Cl–, high Na+, high dissolved solids & hardness, hydrocarbons, hydrogen sulfide.
Coating Thickness Required: minimum 9 mils
Project Schedule: varies
Project Summary: This owner has determined that significant savings and operational benefits can be achieved using the EnerClear Insitu Pipeline Cleaning and Coating process because;
- The coating is applied in one continuous pass from start to finish AFTER the field joints are welded. Benefits include:
- Assurance there is coating coverage over 100% of the pipeline ID, including defects caused by the field welds. There are no discontinuities in the coating at the field joints.
- Lower capital cost and improved coating integrity versus shop coating the line pipe and manually coating the field joints after welding.
- Reduced timeline relative to shop coating the line pipe and manually coating the field joints after welding.
- Improved flow efficiency.
- The pro-actively coated lines are not susceptible to corrosion should the inhibitor program/system fail.
Figure 1, above, shows a typical (pig receiving end) site setup. In this case, our tent was located on a temporary pipe spool approximately 40’ away from the manifold. For this location, EnerClear deployed a tent, a work trailer, a telehandler and three pipeline technicians; meaning very minimal site impact.
4212 97 St. NW
Toll Free: 1-888-377-0427