July 1, 2017
Position: QC Inspector
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Job Type: Full-timeMagnum Energy Services Group (“Magnum”) specializes in all types of corrosion prevention and repair solutions with both shop and field applications. Magnum is a one stop shop offering complete abrasion and corrosion control services. Magnum is dedicated to providing innovative solutions to corrosion and abrasion problems experienced by energy, mining, and other industrial customers. We prepare and improve surfaces of tanks, pipelines, vessels, oil field equipment, concrete and other products subject to corrosive and abrasive environments. We are located in Edmonton, Nisku, Fort Saskatchewan, Bonnyville, Lloydminster, and have completed a variety of project work throughout Alberta. We provide a safe and engaging environment for all of our employees in addition to competitive rates and a comprehensive benefits package. We are looking to fill our QC Inspector role, reporting to the Production Manager in our Metals division. The QC Inspector is responsible for the measurement and documentation of production product both in pre-inspection and final inspection capacities. The candidate will demonstrate Magnum’s capabilities through the high quality and safe performance of work. The ideal candidate will also will demonstrate strong attention to detail, reliability, great interpersonal skills, and a positive attitude.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Responsibility # 1: QC Inspection
- Understand and abide by the policies and procedures set by Magnum, the Quality Manual and the project specification(s).
- Perform dimension and visual inspection utilizing equipment such as outside and inside micrometers, bore gauges, Vernier calipers, thickness testers, surface testers, gauge blocks and other standard inspection tools.
- Review job requirements and ensure conformity to customer requirements.
- Complete timely and accurate documentation and record keeping in accordance with the procedures of the Quality Manual.
- Review associated inspection records for completeness and accuracy.
- Investigate the root cause of any NCR's raised and report outcome.
- Prepare all necessary QC documents and handed over to clients for review.
- Analyze, revise and make recommendations for improvements to the inspection process and procedure manuals.
Responsibility # 2: Other
- Periodically check equipment storage and preservation.
- Perform calibrations of measurement equipment.
- Participate in Tool Box talks.
- Positive and effective communication with all internal and external stakeholders. Cross shift communication required to effectively manage the QA/QC function.
- Verify the proper use and calibration of inspection instruments as described in the Quality Manual.
- While not engaged in QA/QC related duties, there is an expectation that the incumbent will assist operations in any reasonable capacity.
Other requirements are:
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ industry experience required.
- Preference given to those with experience in QA/QC in an oilfield setting using downhole tools.
- NACE certification(s) considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of downhole tools required.
- High school diploma recommended.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills along with the ability to develop strong relationships with internal and external customers.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi task and prioritize effectively.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team fostering continuous improvement.