Coater - Shop
June 30, 2017
Position: Coater – Shop
Location: Lloydminster, AB
Company Description:Magnum Energy Services (“Magnum”) specializes in all types of corrosion prevention and repair solutions with both shop and field applications. Magnum is a one stop shop offering complete abrasion and corrosion control services. Magnum is dedicated to providing innovative solutions to corrosion and abrasion problems experienced by energy, mining, and other industrial customers. We prepare and improve surfaces of tanks, pipelines, vessels, oil field equipment, concrete and other products subject to corrosive and abrasive environments. We are located in Edmonton, Nisku, Fort Saskatchewan, Bonnyville, Lloydminster, and have completed a variety of project work throughout Alberta. We provide a safe and engaging environment for all of our employees in addition to competitive rates and a comprehensive benefits package.
Position Summary:We are currently looking for a NACE level 3 Coater to work out of our Lloydminster shop location. In the Coater position, responsibilities include being able to do inspection and test plans (ITP), QC paperwork, reading and understanding work orders, set up and inspection of equipment, materials, and surfaces, and coating as required. The Coater will demonstrate Magnum’s capabilities through the high quality and safe performance of work. The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong attention to detail, reliability, great interpersonal skills, and a positive attitude.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Reading and understanding work orders and ensuring all painting meets the customer’s specifications.
- Completing ITP and QC paperwork.
- Setting up and inspecting equipment and materials for work.
- Completing surface preparation for all surfaces requiring sandblasting.
- Inspecting blasted areas for defects, ensuring all products are prepared to customer’s specifications, and meeting quality requirements.
- Cleaning and preparing surfaces for coating application.
- Painting and coating a variety of items: internals and externals of pipe, fabricated tanks / vessels etc. efficiently and to Magnum’s quality standards.
- Full participation in all clean-up and maintenance functions of painting equipment.
- 100% participation in company safety programs, policies and procedures, and use of workplace PPE.
Other requirements are:
- Minimum of 2-5 years’ coating experience required.
- NACE Level 3 certification.
- Must be local to the Lloydminster area.
- Standing and walking throughout the shift.
- Frequent climbing, stooping, bending, pushing, pulling, and twisting.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Mechanical aptitude with the ability to problem solve with little or no supervision.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license and clean driver's abstract.
- Reliable transportation.
- Safety tickets required include valid: OSSA Confined Space, OSSA Fall Arrest, CSTS ’09, Enform H2S Alive, Standard First Aid
- Must be able to pass Alcohol & Drug and Occupational Health testing. Successful candidates may be asked to provide proof of trades’ certificate.