Customer Service Representative
June 30, 2017
Position: Customer Service Representative
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Company Description:Magnum Energy Services Metals Group (“Magnum”) specializes in all types of wear/corrosion protection and hydraulic repair solutions. Magnum is dedicated to providing innovative solutions to problems experienced in the drilling, energy, mining, and mobile industries. We provide a safe and engaging environment for all of our employees in addition to competitive rates and a comprehensive benefits package.
Position Summary:Based in Edmonton, Alberta we are looking to fill our Customer Service Representative role. This role is responsible for promoting sales and new products of Magnum. This position also involves initiating sales to ensure that inventories are assessed and replenished by calling existing clients, and arranging visits for Sales Representatives. Other aspects of the job include estimating, inside sales, analysis & reporting, job cost tracking, and work order packages. The ideal candidate will be very interpersonal and will demonstrate exemplary customer service skills. The ideal candidate will also be competent in an industrial manufacturing environment and provide reliable data by using their attention to detail and communication skills while dealing with internal and external parties.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Receives customers' requests by telephone or email, analyzes requests, provides information requested or ascertains who can best provide the information, and routes the request to the proper person.
- Entering customer work orders.
- Compiling work order packages.
- Ensure Magnum Operations has all required project order information specific to schedule and scope of work.
- Performing job costing of all completed jobs.
- Interfacing regularly with customers by phone, email, and fax and establishing strong customer relationships.
- Resolving customer product or service problems if they occur and following up to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Providing accurate, valid, and complete information to customers.
- Maintaining customer records and updating account information.
- Continuously evaluating and identifying opportunities to drive process improvements in customer service.
- Keeping track of job statuses and job costing.
- Updating the pricing database.
- Providing quotes and updates on job orders to customers.
- Interacting with accounting/invoicing department regarding customer requirements.
- Interacting with division leads regarding customer requirements.
- Managing drawings in database.
- Prepare work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Identifies labor, material, time & subtrade inputs from proposals, blueprints, specifications, & related documents.
- Calculate costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements.
- Work with outside sales reps to issue quote / proposal.
Other requirements are:
- Experience in an industrial manufacturing setting an asset.
- Comfortable working in a shop environment
- Ability to read drawings/blueprints, and calculate square footage take off.
- Strong customer service skills and commitment to service excellence.
- Demonstrate aptitude for problem-solving and keen attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Friendly and self-confident.
- Highly professional and interpersonal.
- Reliable with a positive and proactive attitude.
- High level of accuracy and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong computer skills required.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Excel.
- An appreciation of data confidentiality.